Thursday, May 23, 2019

NEWS: Carol Vorderman is the soundtrack to Saturday with new BBC Radio Wales lunchtime show


Carol Vorderman is to host the Saturday lunchtime show on BBC Radio Wales from 8 June.

A familiar voice on the station, Carol presented the Sunday morning programme across last summer. She’s now set to take over the 11.30am Saturday morning show from 8 June.

Carol was raised in Prestatyn and Denbigh, and went to school in Rhyl. She became the first woman to appear on Channel 4, on Countdown back in 1982. She has since gone on to present TV shows for decades, including the Pride of Britain Awards which she has hosted since 1999.

BBC Radio Wales Editor, Colin Paterson says: “Our listeners love Carol, so I’m delighted she is joining the team full-time. She has loads of energy and ideas. Whenever she is on the radio, she is always great fun.”

Carol Vorderman says: “Even though I’ve hosted thousands of TV shows I hadn’t hosted my own radio show since I was a youngster back in 1984… heck. So when BBC Radio Wales asked if I would host a few shows last summer, I thought 'well nothing to lose, and I’m not too busy on a Sunday now the kids have left home…'. Oh my, I had no idea just how much I would LOVE IT… and I mean LOVE IT. We have such a laugh and get up to all sorts of mischief (my favourite hobby), and all the feedback and phone calls and stories from everyone who’s listening, well it’s wonderful. I hope you’ll join me, I’ll be the one following our favourite Owen Money on a Saturday. See you on the airwaves very soon. Lots of love. Me."

No comments: